Registration Information

Nipissing-Parry Sound Catholic District School Board (NPSCDSB) elementary schools are open to all students meeting the criteria for admission.

All NPSCDB elementary schools have fixed attendance boundaries. The Eligibility Query School Locator identifies your closest English and Early French Immersion school, based on your residential address and grade entered.[1]

Children turning the age of 4 by December 31 of the current year are eligible to register in September of that same year.

The following original documents (for your child) are required upon registration:

  1. Birth Certificate
  2. Proof of Catholicity (one of the following):
    • Your child's Catholic baptismal certificate
    • The parent's Catholic baptismal certificate (note: the Catholic parent must provide proof of residency in the Nipissing / Parry Sound districts)
    • Confirmation of enrollment to the R.C.I.A./R.C.I.C. program.
  3. Passport/Immigration Documents (if child was not born in Canada)
  4. Proof of Address (a rental/lease agreement, utility bills, proof of purchase)
    • Students living outside of the Nipissing / Parry Sound districts (but within Ontario) may apply to an elementary school without payment of a fee. Placement will be offered only if there is space available.
  5. Child's Immunization Record[2]

To facilitate your child's registration, please complete an elementary registration package, which can be obtained from your local school or the Board Office. 

[1] The Board makes every effort to accommodate students at the school of their choice. Placement will be offered based on the physical capacity of the school, local demand and program availability. Please be advised that living within a school's fixed attendance boundary does not guarantee placement. When placement is not possible in the school requested, students will be offered a placement at the nearest NPSCDSB school with space and program availability. Transportation may be provided in accordance with our Transportation Policy.

[2] Parents of school-aged children must provide their child’s vaccination information to the North Bay Parry Sound District Health Unit. Students without the required vaccines will receive notice asking for updated immunization information. For more information, please visit‚Äč.